Mittwoch, 9. Oktober 2013

Halloween Preparations

Hello, dear readers!

I am back from my holidays and some working days (I had to stock up *sighs*) and before I show you some photographs of my most favourite city, I would like to show you what I have been up to today.
Since last year, my mother really likes the time before Halloween. She doesn't like pumpkins or the color orange, but she likes the glow of the carved images. Last year, I carved a house and trees with a full moon and an owl and bats... this year, it was rather elaborate.

This year's theme of the Pumpkin: A Hobbit House!
Finest pumpkin-splatter-party you can imagine! I was covered in chips of orange pumpkin peel.More pictures under the cut! :D


It does look like a quite sour face, doesn't it xD glowing windows and doors freak me out a bit. But just a bit *chuckle*

The house is covered in leaves and twigs. I carved all of the smaller details with a carrot peeler's tip and it worked surprinsingly well!! It's quite pretty glowing in a dark room!
 Twigs and leaves <3 I love that one. My mother told me to cover the back in carvings, too. Nice idea.
And the front! I think a proper sized hobbit figure would have been nice, but we didn't have any of the right size. But that's not all too bad. I hope the pumpkin will last long this year, it took a lot of effort and I really like it, especially because it's my second properly carved one <3

Have a happy Halloween preparation time, everyone! 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...